Object Title

Cuisse and poleyns (pair)

Cuisse and poleyns (pair)

Date

1471-1499

Object Number

II.1 D

Provenance

purchased from the W.R. Hearst collection, 1957. Swapped with the largely restored cuisses with the Hans Prunner mark, III.2561-2, which then went on the Dover Castle composite Gothic armour. The cuisses and poleyns came from the collection of Lord Brougham and Vaux, from Brougham Hall, Penrith, sold Christie's 29 June 1933, lot 33.

Inscriptions and Marks

Top plate of the right cuisse stamped with the Wagner mark.

Associations

Notes

Split for packing and valued with armour