Object Title

Left lower cannon

Left lower cannon

Date

1500-1599

Object Number

III.2585

Provenance

From the Norton Hall Collection, presented by the National Art-Collection Fund, 1942. From the former II.142, a composite Gothic armour split up and renumbered before 1963. Accessioned from Middle Flint Tower, 1987.

Physical Description

(no inventory entry) The couter is formed of three plates, and the tubular lower cannon of two, hinged plates. The inner plate is pierced with a rectangular hole and with reinforced circular holes. The outer plate is extensively repaired.

Associations

Places Europe

Notes

Possibly acquired as part of II.142 purchased from the Norton Hall collection, with the aid of hte N.A.C.F., in 1942.