Object Title

Left pauldron and vambrace

Left pauldron and vambrace

Date

1570

Object Number

III.2487

Provenance

Re-accessioned from Middle Flint Tower, 1987. Probably from one of the armours formerly on loan 7 to Dover Castle (II.53-62) from Malta, 1826.

Physical Description

The pauldron is formed of six lames of which the upper three extend over the chest and back, and the lowest is connected by a turner to the tubular upper cannon with is connected ot the couter and lower cannon. Decorated with roped turns and recesssed borders throughout.

Inscriptions and Marks

The couter is numbered 8.

Associations

Places Italy