Object Title

Left pauldron and vambrace

Left pauldron and vambrace

Date

1570

Object Number

III.2485

Provenance

Re-accessioned from Middle Flint Tower, 1987. Probably from one of the armours formerly on loan 7 to Dover Castle (II.53-62) from Malta, 1826.

Physical Description

The pauldron is formed of seven lames of which the upper three extend over the chest and back. Decorated with roped turns and recesssed borders throughout, and single incised lines.

Inscriptions and Marks

The couter bears the number 2.

Associations

Places Italy