Object Title

Left pauldron and vambrace

Left pauldron and vambrace

Date

1570

Object Number

III.2488

Provenance

Re-accessioned from Middle Flint Tower, 1987. Probably from one of the armours formerly on loan 7 to Dover Castle (II.53-62) from Malta, 1826.

Physical Description

The pauldron is formed of seven lames of which the upper three extend over the chest and back, and the lowest is connected by a turner toa tubular upper cannon which is in turn connected by a couter to a hinged two-part tubular lower cannon. Decorated thropugh out with roped turns and recessed borders.

Inscriptions and Marks

none

Associations

Places Italy