Object Title

Left pauldron - Left pauldron

Left pauldron - Left pauldron

Date

1520

Object Number

II.7 C

Provenance

Transferred to the Tower from Greenwich, 1649. The legs were purchased with the assistance of the National Art Collections Fund, 1971 from the Dymoke Estate at Scrivelsby house, having been on loan since 1947.

Bibliographic References

Claude Blair, European Armour, B.T. Batsford Ltd., London, 1958, p.214-15 right legharness.

A.R. Dufty and W. Reid, European Armour in the Tower of London, 1968, plate X, XI details.

D. Starkey, Henry VIII, a European court in England, London, 1991, no. IV.2, p. 52.

Ian Eaves, 'The Tournament Armours of King Henry VIII of England', Livrust Kammaren, 1993, pp.15-18, fig.14.

Claude Blair, 'King Henry VIII's tonlet armour', Journal of the Arms and Armour Society, XV.2, September 1995: 85-108.

G Rimer, T Richardson and J P D Cooper, Henry VIII: Arms and the Man, Leeds, 2009,p.122-127

C. Paggiarino, The Royal Armouries, masterpieces of medieval and renaissance arms and armour, Milan, 2011, volume 1

Notes

RC2: Permission to lend required from the sovereign