Object Title

Arms trophy

Arms trophy

Date

1850-1899

Object Number

XVIII.194

Physical Description

It consists of a central boss consisting of percussion musket parts surrounded by fourteen percussion hammers. This is then encircled by fourteen Martini Henry rifle loading levers alternating with fourteen shortened loading levers also from Martini Henrys. The outer edge consists now of seven but originally eight groups of five sword bayonet blades, alternating with eight groups of twenty-two steel ramrods. It is mounted on a black painted sixteen pointed star shaped wooden base.(Two percusussion hammmers and five levers missing Audit 1999)

Associations

Places Britain

Notes

Formerly on loan to the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst (loan L154)